Content types overview
Content types allow you to describe a type of content broken down into smaller parts or chunks. A ‘film’ content type could contain the chunks such as title, film poster, length/run time, budget, overview, director and cast members.
You can create new types of content by using the content type builder. Each chunk in a content type is defined by a field. A field has a name, a data type and a set of additional properties such as validation, editor types and content guidelines.
Content types can be linked together using entry fields to aid the building of rich content models and relationships. For example, linking a film to a list of cast members located in a content type of people.
- View and filter content types
- Create a content type
- Add fields to a content type
- Remove fields from a content type
- Update a content type
- Change the workflow of a content type
- Delete a content type
- Workflow states
- Enable or disable languages for a content type
- Set a preview page for entries