Create a content type
Created by Contensis product team, last modified by r.bromley on 08 Mar 2021
To define a new type of content in Contensis you'll need to create a new content type. The creation of content types is restricted to users in the Content Type Administrators security group. Follow these steps to create a content type:
- Press Content modelling in the sidebar. The Content modelling drawer will open, revealing a number of options.
- Select Content Types to open the Content Types Listing screen.
- Press New content type. A Create new content type window will be displayed.
- Give your content type a name, such as 'Films'.
- The API name will automatically be created and sanitised from the content type name you enter.
- You can add an optional description to distinguish the content type in the listing.
- Press the Create button to create your new content type. The Content type builder will open so you can start adding fields to your content type.