Create a new webhook
There are two ways to create a webhook: within Contensis, or by using the Management API. This guide will take you through setting it one up in Contensis.
To set up a webhook you’ll need to be a System Administrator or be a member of a role with webhook permissions.
- Navigate to the Webhooks from by pressing Settings in the sidebar and going to Webhooks from the menu.
- Select New webhook from the toolbar. You’ll be presented with a Create a webhook window.
- Choose the blank template option and you’ll be taken to a new webhook screen.
- Give your webhook a name and an optional description, these will help you identify the webhook in Contensis.
- In the Webhook URL field, choose the method type and add the endpoint URL of the integration or application where you want to send webhook requests. This must be a https endpoint.
- Choose the topics and events you want the webhook to be triggered by in the Topics section.
- Set any headers or custom payloads for the webhook request.
- Click Save to save your new webhook.
If you wish to test the webhook, we recommend using a service such as Webhook.site.