Copy a content type
Created by r.bromley, last modified by r.saunders on 14 Sep 2021
If you find yourself needing to produce a content type that is very similar to an exisiting one, you can copy a content type from the content type builder. You'll need to be a member of the Content type Administrators security group to do this.
- Open the content type you want to copy by selecting it in the Content type listing.
- When the Content type builder opens, press the Action button from the content type toolbar.
- Press Copy from the menu.
- The content type will be copied and opened for editing. The new content type will have '- copy' appended to its name.
- You'll need to update the content type name and API ID for your new component.
- Edit and update your content type by adding or removing fields.