Reorder fields in a component
If you want to change the order of the fields displayed in the entry editor for your authors, you can do so in the component builder.
Reorder fields using drag and drop
The easiest way to reorder the fields in a component is to use drag and drop.
- Press and drag on the field that you want to reorder.
- Move the field up or down the list to its new location. A dashed line will be displayed to indicate where the field will be positioned once dropped.
- Drop the field into its new position.
- Press Save and Publish to ensure your authors see the changes in the entry editor.
- With the field in the content type selected, press on the more actions button to open the menu. Depending on the position of the field, you'll be provided with a series of options:
- Move up/down will move the position of the field by one place.
- Move to the top/bottom will move the field to either end of the list.
Reorder fields using the keyboard
You can also reorder the fields in the field list using the keyboard. When the field is selected used the
ALT+Down arrow key combinations to move them up and down in the list.