Create a component
Created by Contensis product team, last modified by r.saunders on 12 Feb 2021
The creation of components is restricted to users in the Component Administrators security group. To start creating components:
- Press Content modelling in the sidebar. The Content modelling drawer will open, revealing a number of options.
- Select Components to open the Components listing.
- Press New component. A Create new component window will be displayed.
- Give your component a name, such as "Social". The API name will automatically be created and sanitised from the component name you enter. You can add an optional description to distinguish the component in the listing.
- Press Create to create your new component. The Component builder will open so you can start adding fields to your component from the Toolbox.