Copy a component
Created by r.bromley, last modified by r.saunders on 30 Jul 2020
If you find yourself needing to produce a component that is very similar to an existing one, you can copy an existing component from the component builder. You'll need to be a member of the Component Administrators security group to do this.
- Open the component you want to copy by selecting it in the Component listing.
- When the Component builder opens, press the Action button from the component toolbar.
- Press Copy from the menu.
- The component will be copied and opened for editing. The new component will have '- copy' appended to its name.
- You'll need to update the component name and API ID of your new component.
- Edit and update your component by adding or removing fields.