Manage user accounts
Once you have planned your project structure and decided who will need permissions, you are ready to start creating accounts.
Default user accounts
When the system is initially installed, the following default user accounts are created:
- admin (ID: 1)
Administrator account, only user account that is created on install
- PublicUser (ID: -1)
System Account that is used for anonymous users on the published websites
- FormsUser (ID: -2)
System Account used for forms processing
- DeletedUser (ID: -5)
System Account which is used in audit trail when a user is deleted
- ServicesUser (ID: -6)
System Account that is used for all service related operations
- Navigate to the Management Console. Press on User Management and then the Create User button. The Create New User window will appear.
- Enter a username and password and confirm the password. You can check the checkbox to force the user to change their password when they next login. This is recommended so the user can set their own secure password.
- Click Save. The new user account will now be created.
- Navigate to the Management Console, press on User Management.
- Select a user / users by ticking the checkbox to the left of their username.
- Press on the Delete User(s) button. The selected users will now be removed from Contensis.
Add users to a project
Users are not independently added to a project – they are first added to a User Group, and the User Group is then added to a project. This allows a simpler, more controlled way of defining and updating user permissions within the system and across multiple projects.
All permissions can be set sitewide in the folder properties of the project root folder. Click Propagate Permissions to copy the settings down through all folder levels. Or you can set each folder to have different content and template permissions.