Create an API key
If you want to use the Delivery API outside of a Contensis published site, or use the Management API, you'll need to generate an API key. Only users within the API Key Administrators security group can create API keys.
To create an API key:
- Press the Settings button in the sidebar. The Settings menu will open, revealing a number of options.
- Select API keys to open the API Keys list.
- Press New API Key. The Create a new API key window will be displayed.
- Give the API key a name by filling in the Name field. Provide a description to help other administrators understand what the key is used for by populating the Description field.
- By default all new keys are enabled – use the toggle button to disable the key if required.
- Press Create API Key. The key will be generated and the API Keys list will display your new key.
Note: Once an API key has been created it needs to be assigned to a role to grant permission to the resources you want it to have access to.